What is WordPress?
WordPress is a great Open Source CMS (Content Management System) which is built on PHP/MySQL and licensed under GPL, which is also an Open Source and allows the developers to build dynamic websites. It can use on any kind of personal or commercial website without paying a single penny.
How safe is the website on WordPress?
The WordPress is safe to operate but still, it is suggested to keep updating with the latest version of WordPress to avoid hacking.
Are there any limitations to a WordPress website?
You can use WordPress for e-commerce sites, membership sites, photo galleries and any other type of site you can think of. The website is created using the same HTML code as any other site so there are no limitations there either.
What are the types of hooks in WordPress and mention their functions?
There are two types of hooks 1) Action hooks 2) Filter Hooks
Hooks allow the user to create a WordPress theme or plugin with shortcode without changing the original files. Action hooks allow you to insert an additional code from an outside resource, whereas, Filter hooks will only allow you to add a content or text at the end of the post.
What are the positive aspects of WordPress?
Few positive aspects of WordPress are
- Easy installation and upgrade.
- In-built SEO engine.
- Easy theme system.
- Multilingual- available in more than 70 languages.
- Own data- no unwanted advertisements on your website.
- Flexibility and Easy publishing option.
What are the disadvantages of WordPress?
The disadvantages of WordPress are −
- The website becomes heavy to load as it uses different plugins to run.
- For modifications or changes, one should be good in PHP.
- Here, software needs frequent updates.
- Updating of WordPress version leads to loss of data so it requires the backup copy of the website.
- The graphic images and tables are difficult to modify and format.
What are the rules that you have to follow for WordPress plugin development?
- Create the plugin’s folder.
- Create a unique name.
- Create a sub-folder for PHP files.
- Create the main plugin file and fill in the header information.
- Create an activation and deactivation functions also.
- Create an uninstall script.
- Create a readme.txt file.
- To detect paths to plugin file use proper constants and functions
What are the steps you can take if your WordPress file is hacked?
- Reinstall the latest version of WordPress.
- Check your website’s themes and plugins are up to date or not.
- Install security plugins such as WP security.
- Change your password and user id for all your users.
Why is the wordpress.com more secure as compared to wordpress.org?
WordPress.com is more secure as compared to wordpress.org because they limit the themes and also they don’t allow installing plugins.
What are the sorts of snares in WordPress and specify their capacities?
There are two types of Hooks:
- Activity Hooks
- Channel Hooks
Snares enable a client to make WordPress topic or module with shortcode without changing the first records. Activity snares enable you to embed an extra code from an outside asset, while, Filter snares will just enable you to include a substance or content toward the finish of the post.
How many tables are there in WordPress as a matter of course?
There are around eleven tables in WordPress as a matter of course.
Note: With succeeding arrivals of WordPress this number will change. You have to check phpMyAdmin to decide the number of tables in a vanilla rendition of most recent WordPress establishment.
What are the WordPress plugins majorly used for SEO?
- Broken Link Checker
- Google XML Sitemaps
- WPtouch Mobile Plugin
- W3 Total Cache
What’s the use of the Media setting in WordPress?
The Media settings are used to set the height and width of the images into your website.
What’s the difference between posts and pages in WordPress?
Content published on a site with an exact date and time are the Posts of WordPress websites. These posts can be categorized in a systematic way on the basis of tags and categories.
We hope that these questions would be helpful in understanding various aspects and will be useful while cracking the interview rounds. Let us know if we have missed on anything in the comment section below.
For more such content subscribe to our YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcWR1IezEQynJnAETgK8g2w?sub_confirmation=1